Students in Years 3 to 6 are invited to take part in Tell Me a Story writing and illustration competitions.
Tell me a Story competition is a local competition that has been running successfully in the Great Lakes and Manning regions since 2018 and is popular with students.
- Support schools in their effort to improve students’ literacy level;
- Increase children’s creativity and confidence;
- Provide out-of-school opportunities for students where they can experiment and put their skills to the test;
- Help the children to discover passion through a fun creative process.
Competition values: “Celebrating learning”.
Competition objective: Encourage students to have a go and discover joy in writing and illustrating.
Key elements of the competition:
- Tell Me a Story competition invites schools in the same region to participate;
- All students, participating in the writing competition, receive a feedback from judges and a certificate.
- Illustration competition follows the writing competition and is based on top stories from the writing competition;
- There are trophies for short-listed entries;
- Winners are announced in a local newspaper and published on Tell Me a Story website;
- Writing and illustration top entries are published in Tell Me a Story yearly anthology;
- Top stories and illustrations are exhibited at the Awards Event;
- Funds are raised in the local community, raising awareness and gaining support from the community;
- There is one Awards Event for Tell Me a Story writing and illustration competition.
Tell Me a Story competition logos are copyright protected.
Writing competition logo:
Artist: Monika Klenner Monika Maria Klenner (monikaklenner.com)
Illustration competition logo:
Artist: Nyaree Donnelly
Competition Founders: Teresa I. Siminska and Monika M. Klenner.