To engage the readers….
- Have I used paragraphs to organise my ideas?
- Have I checked my spelling?
- Have I checked my use of punctuation such as capital letters, full stops, commas, and question marks?
- Have I learned how to write “conversation”, or should I ask for help with this?
- Have I tried to have the best ending so the readers and judges will love my story?
- Have I given my story a title that shows what my story is about and makes the readers and judges think how clever I have been?
Now that I have completed the checklist, I can send my entry to the Tell Me a Story competition.
Checklist to help students edit their story Years 3-4