Students may write their short story on any idea that appeals to them.
Stories by Year 3-4 students (Section 1) should not be longer than 500 words.
Stories by Year 5-6 students (Section 2) should not be longer than 750 words.
- Entries should be typed in 12 Georgia font, on A4 paper size, with pages numbered.
- One entry per student, please.
- All entries should include:
- student’s name,
- grade at school,
- contact information: phone and email
- story title, followed by the story.
- Optionally, include your pen-name, only if you do not wish your story to be published under your real name.
- Entries must be student’s own work, unpublished and not having won any other competition.
- All entries should be submitted as separate Word documents and not as scanned documents.
- Entries should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 25th March, with the subject line: Writing Competition.
Story writing is fun! Be as creative as you like.
We look forward to reading your writing adventures.
All personal contact information is kept confidential by Tell Me a Story competition organisers. The judges are only given access to submitted stories and grade at school.